The Gamers Training Program is the most comprehensive in the region. We fundamentally believe that baseball players are developed, not just recruited. That is why we practice and train — a lot — and have very high expectations of effort and commitment.
Our training program starts with top coaches and instructors. Former MLB players Scott Cooper and Matt Whiteside lead the training program and are directly involved with every player in the program. Scott and Matt are supported by a group of great coaches that have solid baseball resumes including minor league baseball, college baseball and coaching at collegiate and high school levels. Many of our coaches have been with us since the beginning of the Gamers program — click here for background on our leadership.
We train at All-Star Performance, a baseball training facility that was built literally from the ground up with team training in mind. High ceilings, incrediby lighting, large indoor and outdoor turf areas, four lane bullpen, ten batting cages, a power arm room for velocity training and a large lifting and performance training facility.
Good coaches and great facilities are the foundation for our training program, which includes:
- 2 sessions/6 hours per week of training during the offseason
- Program practices have 8-10 coaches/instructors per age group
- Agility/Quickness and core strength training to start every practice
- Comprehensive arm strength program that has added 3-5 mph velocity each year for our players
- Infield training, with a focus on footwork, hands and throwing skills
- Outfield training, focus on footwork
- Hitting instruction, drills and batting practice — all supported with video analysis
- Catcher specific training every week
- Pitching training with a focus on healthy, sustainable throwing mechanics and throwing strikes
- Performance training led by Athletic Republic, one of the top sports training organizations in the country
- Nutrition and Training program targeted for high school age players
- Mental skills training, built around Tom Hanson’s Play Big program
- Academic review program that monitors the academic performance of players
- College recruiting process for high school age players that includes all aspects of the college process
- All training resources hosted online — including training videos, audio programs, documents and links — that can be viewed using computer, iPad or smart phone.
These are not just words on a page. We actually do every one of the items listed above. Every year we make adjustments and changes to improve the program.
Doing what you say and working hard with passion are important factors in building success.